WELCOME BACK LARSON STARS!
Click here to see a video from our amazing teachers and staff
We're sure you will find many things to fill your summer with, but in case you're looking for more ideas, here are just a few (the first 4 listed resources are not affiliated with LUSD):
- Lodi Public Library has both a summer reading program and offers other on-site shows for children. The reading program can motivate your child to keep reading with rewards for reading or being read to. They also offer some ebooks for online reading See their website HERE.
- WOW Science museum is a local science museum that focuses on hands-on learning. Check them out in to see their exhibits or check their website to see if they're offering any science day camps. Click HERE.
- CA State Parks Adventure Pass - In partnership with the First Partner’s Office and the Natural Resources Agency, the California State Park Adventure Pass provides free entry for fourth graders and their families at 19 amazing state parks throughout the state. Mountains, deserts, forests, rivers … the choice of where to visit is yours. Click HERE for more information.
- Every Kid Outdoors - This program offers 4th grade students and their families a free park pass to our national parks. Click HERE to learn more.
- Chromebooks - Be sure to limit your child's time on all electronic devices, including the school issued Chromebook they were sent home with. However, you may choose to have them use it daily for a short period of time to access school online programs and activities. Some teachers have given students access to programs to continue their learning over the summer.
- Backpack materials - Each child was given a backpack of educational materials for them to use to get ready for the next year. Those backpacks are also great for carrying books to and from the Lodi Library.